Calendar of Global Environmental Events and Volunteer Opportunities
If your life has been too hectic, burning the candle at both ends. If you feel the need of change and a chance to meet new friends.
If your view of your life's purpose is all too hazy, and you feel when you read the newspaper that the world has gone crazy -
Then hie you off to volunteer, do something to help someone else. It will give you a sense of worth.
Then your spirit will be lifted, a spark will return to life. And you'll head home from volunteering strengthened to meet your joys and strife.
~ inspired by a 1964 advert calling for volunteers to build a campground
- Arbor Day celebrations - held annually throughout the year (date determined by the best tree planting times in each country/state).
- International Day of Education - held annually on January 24 by the UN to recognized the importance of working to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all.
- World Wildlife Day - Held annually on March 3rd to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants.
- International Women's Day - Held annually on March 8th to celebrate women's achievements and promote gender parity.
- Meatout - promotes a vegan diet. Held annually on the first day of spring (on or around March 20).
- International Day of Forests - held annually on March 21st to celebrate the ways in which forests and trees sustain and protect us.
- World Water Day - held annually on March 22nd.
- World Meteorological Day - held annually on March 23rd to raise awareness about climate change.
- Earth Hour - promotes efforts to address climate change by asking businesses and residents to turn off their lights for one hour (from 8:30pm - 9:30pm local time). Held in late March annually.