Environmental Organizations, Sustainable Events, and Resources for Environmental Advocacy in Marin County, California
Announcements and Sustainable Events
- Marin residents have a BIG ecological footprint:
Ecological Footprint Comparison
Source: Redefining Progress, Sustainable Sonoma County, Worldwide Fund for Nature, as quoted in the Marin Countywide Plan, adopted November 6, 2007.
To see how your footprint compares, take the Ecological Footprint quiz.
Food and Health
Parks and Open Space
- Angel Island Association
- California State Parks -- register online for camping in Marin County's state parks: Angel Island, China Camp, Mount Tamalpais (Steep Ravine and Alice Eastwood Group Camp), Olompali, Samuel P. Taylor, Tomales Bay -- (800) 444-PARK.
- California State Parks Foundation
- County Parks -- McNears Beach, Paradise Beach, Stafford Lake, Civic Center Lagoon, Deer, Agate Beach, Tiburon Uplands Nature Preserve, Black Point Boat Launch, McInnis, Miller Boat Launch, Bolinas, White House Pool -- (415) 499-6387, Marin County Civic Center, Room 415.
- Friends of China Camp
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Greenbelt Alliance
- Marin County Parks and Open Space Department
- Marin Trails
- Muir Woods
- Point Reyes National Seashore
Land Use and Native Plants
Bay, Creek, and Watershed Management
Ocean and Coastal Management
Air Quality Management
Government and Elected Representatives
Environmental Youth Organizations
Peace and Social Justice Organizations
Other Sustainable/Environmental Organizations
Other Environmental Resources